This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Why Does Jon Stewart Use A Laugh Track?

It's a bad idea to use a laugh track in a comedy show. The performer doesn't get feedback on whether the joke was funny or not. It's dishonest and unethical (but not illegal).

With a laugh track, a psychopath who writes a bad joke will still get a laugh. I noticed this problem on Stephen Colbert's show. There was one joke that was completely not funny, but there was the usual laugh track.

The audience's actual laughs are usually covered up. (Is there even an audience?)

If you want more laughter, get a bigger audience and write a better show. I never understood why they don't sell tickets to live TV shows. That should be a decent chunk of revenue. The union rules forbid it, because actors' guild and stage guild are separate. Instead, they give tickets away to psychopaths/insiders.

8 comments:

Roderick T. Long said...

My impression (possibly mistaken) was that they don't use a laugh track, the laughs really are from the audience, but the audience is instructed by lighted signs etc. when to laugh, when to clap, and so on.

FSK said...

My theory is that it's aliens manipulating the audience to laugh.

It's messed up. The US government's best scientists are working on it. My official policy now is "Support the US government (for now)." The psychopaths have (hopefully) been mostly removed/restrained from high-ranking US government jobs.

So, I'll continue my wage slave job while things really get better, rather than fake change.

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us how you know the psychopaths have been removed?

Is this based on hard evidence or reliable information?

FSK said...

Personal observation and clear evidence. Consider, for example, the favorable Ron Paul coverage all of a sudden along with considering opposing viewpoints.

They aren't all gone, but at high ranks enough to make a difference.

Anonymous said...

i still think its too early to say its getting better, to me it seems that it is more to just get people to think things are changing, information is still being suppressed to the public, our population is still largely being poisoned by all the crap put in our food, and the people are just as stupid as ever.

FSK said...

If you have low Matrix awareness, it seems like false hope.

I have high Matrix awareness. My reaction is "OMFG! It's been beaten!"

The victory has been made but the ripples take time.

Anonymous said...

steamroller says:
They laughed at Dan Quayle - I don't believe he had a laugh track.
Some laughed at Nancy Pelosi and there was surely no laugh track.
I laughed at Foster Brooks and I had no laugh track. I'm not sure if these fnords are empirical evidence, but they are funny.

Anonymous said...

as someone who's attended tapings, in my experience the laughter has been organic.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.