This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Easily Import Excel and CSV Files Into Blogger!

Zhwazi figured out how to do tables in Blogger. The trick is that you have to include no carriage returns in your html. Still, Blogger doesn't seem to recognize all html table tags. I couldn't get Blogger to make a table with a cell spanning multiple rows.

I wrote a script that takes a CSV file and converts it into Blogger html format. This allows me to export from Excel easily, by saving as a CSV file.

I wrote it in C++/MFC. A Perl wizard could do it easier in Perl, but I have a C++ compiler already installed and it was a short program anyway. Let me know if you're interested in the executable or source code.

4 comments:

Earl Flask said...

Sounds like a good program. There is also a way to have CR/LF in blogger tables and you may want to consider that in your program. I found it here.

Anonymous said...

Easily I to but I think the post should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Hi I am interested importing CSV minto blogger can you help? kennethbulus@yahoo.com

FSK said...

If blogger supported attachments I'd do it. I can't post the source because the html tags get messed up.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.