This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Friday, November 13, 2009

Is Kohl's Headed for Bankruptcy?

I don't normally discuss the stock market anymore, now that I noticed it's one big scam.

I went to Kohl's recently, and had an interesting observation.

I was in K-Mart before they filed for bankruptcy. The store was completely disorganized. Inventory was on the floor. Inventory was not sorted.

I was in Circuit City before they filed for bankruptcy. The store was completely disorganized. Inventory was on the floor. Inventory was not sorted.

When I was in Kohl's, I noticed the same problem. The store was completely disorganized. Inventory was on the floor. Inventory was not sorted.

I pointed this out to my sister. She said "Every store is like that this time of year!" That's not true. I went to Modell's and Best Buy. There, it was well organized and the staff were paying attention. It seemed like the staff working in Kohl's just didn't care.

All stock investments will underperform true inflation. It seems that Kohl's is headed for bankruptcy more quickly than others.

The fact that management at Kohl's isn't paying attention, is a really bad sign. It's a symptom of complete economic collapse.

Like all large corporations, Kohl's receives massive direct and indirect State subsidies. That allows them to stay in business, even if most of their staff aren't trying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just in a Kohl's on Monday - they had a portable TV on sale. It was the second time I have ever been in the store. I didn't notice the store in disarray.

I did, however, had to return the TV on Tuesday because I couldn't get reception in my office (the intent). I was shocked at how easy it was to return the item. She asked if I had opened it (which I said yes). She asked why I am returning it. She didn't even open the box, just refunded my money on the spot. That wouldn't happen at a Best Buy. No restocking fee, no check to see if I put rocks in the box, nothing. Pleasantly surprised.

fritz said...

my Kohl's is fine here.And I dont think most management would be informed of an impending closing. Only the top brass would know and they wouldn't inform the middle and lower management.
Lets sit back and see, your hunches have been correct before.

Fritz

Chrono said...

I haven't checked out the Kohl's in my area. But if you think Kohl's is failing, you should short their stock. The stock market is a scam, but only to the uninformed investor. It is still based on rules. Any system based on rules can be exploited. That's why the insiders profit, but, more importantly, why people like us can profit as well.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.