There is an interesting article on lewrockwell.com about the Remnant. This article refers to the prophet Isaiah from the Bible. He was preaching about how society in general was falling apart, and what needed to be done in order to fix things. Isaiah complained to God that he was wasting his time and nobody was listening. God responded that yes, the vast majority of people were not listening and were clueless. The leaders will ignore his advice and shun him for trying to help. However, there is a minority of people that are aware of what's going on and are looking for support. They need to hear someone who is telling the truth.
Isaiah preached for several years. He was persecuted. He ran away and told God "There's nobody left but me. I was lucky to escape with my life. If I die, there's nobody left." God told him that was not true. Out of 1 million people living in Israel, there were 7,000 members of the Remnant who needed to hear him preaching. He should go back to Israel and get back to work. God assured him that everything would be all right in the long run, even if Isaiah were killed.
I hear the term "the Remnant" referred to quite a bit nowadays. The Remnant are the people who will get together and build a new society when everything else falls apart. The current economic and political system *IS* falling apart, so it's time for the Remnant to get together and figure out to do. It is impossible to achieve reform by voting. The clueless people are the vast majority, and they will always outnumber the Remnant.
The only solution I can think of that has a nonzero chance of success is an agorist revolution. Members of the Remnant need to set up their own economic and political system, independent of the current government. This way, the transition to the new economic and political system will be smooth as the current system collapses.
If you're writing for a mainstream audience, you have to water down your stuff. If you're writing for the Remnant, you should write about the truth as best as you can. If you're writing or talking about the right topics, you don't have to seek out the Remnant; they will find you.
Based on my personal experience, I would say that members of the Remnant are around 1%-2% of the general population, which is slightly higher than the Old Testament's estimate of 0.7%.
The Internet is a great tool that allows members of the Remnant to communicate and share resources. Under normal circumstances, their density in the general population is too low for them to be effective. Typically, members of the Remnant are kept isolated from one another, but the Internet may change things.
I think that my target audience is members of the Remnant. I talk about topics that are important and the mainstream media has completely censored.
You are a member of the Remnant if:
- You are able to understand the Compound Interest Paradox and feel outraged.
- You are unhappy to discover that the USA is actually a communist country. You are able to compare the planks of the Communist Manifesto to current the current US economy and understand the argument that I gave.
- You appreciate the merits of a gold standard, instead of worthless unbacked paper.
- You feel that the Federal Reserve should not provide a massive subsidy to the financial industry and large corporations, in the form of negative real interest rates.
- You are annoyed at the biased coverage of mainstream news sources.
- You understand how income taxes convert you into a government slave.
- You are annoyed how property taxes force you to pay rent on the land you're supposed to own. You understand what "full alloidal title" means, and are annoyed you can't actually get full title to the land you thought you owned.
- You are annoyed that taxes force you to pay for government schools, which are used to brainwash your children.
- You understand that government-subsidized programs prevent free market alternatives from developing. Then, the government program is advertised as being needed, precisely because there are no free market alternatives.
- You understand that the government restricts the supply of doctors, guaranteeing they will always have high salaries. The health care crisis in the USA is caused by government licensing requirements for doctors.
I never would have understood the above items if it wasn't for other people writing on the Internet. Hopefully, I have been able to describe these ideas more understandably than other sites present them.