This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Government "Shutdown" Averted

State thugs reached an "agreement". They avoided "shutting down the Federal government".

It was not a true shutdown. The slaves still have to pay taxes/tribute, while the government is "closed".

The Democrats claim victory. The Republicans claim victory. The President claimed victory. Who lost? The slaves.

A Statist claims that government is a positive-sum game. Therefore, everyone can benefit. The President, Democrats, and Republicans all profit, because they're robbing the slaves.

The reality is that government is a negative-sum game. Government destruction is much greater than the few useful things that government does.

Here's an analogy:

Mugger D: Give me $10,000 or I'll kill you!
Mugger R: Give me $9,990 or I'll kill you!
D: I thought we agreed we were going to steal $10,000?
R: No, we're going to steal $9,990.
D: If you won't let me steal $10,000, then I won't let you steal anymore!
R: If you insist on $10,000 instead of $9,990, then I won't let you steal anymore!
D: How about we comprise and steal $9,995?
R: OK.
That really is what the budget "debate" sounded like. It was two groups of criminals disagreeing over how much they should steal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment needed:

http://newstabulous.com/fulltilt-poker-pokerstars-absolute-poker-seized-by-feds/8737/

Dan said...

I only wanted to pay for the things the constitution provides, such a gold mint and a pen, desk, chair and a stapler for the president of the United States. Nothing else. I don't think I was properly represented. I do not want to have any debates or arguments. If this government can not run on what it ought to run on, then it can shut itself down. No one was representing me.

The whole "taxation with representation" is a joke and a lie.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.