This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Unemployed Or Agorist?

The official unemployment rate is disturbingly high. I heard a promising anecdote. A lot of people are forced to work off-the-books!

Some people are collecting unemployment, while working off-the-books on the side. Is that immoral? It does seem immoral, to claim a welfare benefit while working off-the-books. However, I don't get a tax rebate if such people refuse State handouts. State property is unowned property. I'd rather some ambitious off-the-books worker get it than some corrupt politician.

As the system collapses, fewer people will see such tricks as immoral. If everyone else is scamming the system, why not also do it?

That's an interesting perspective. Is high unemployment due to a still-lousy economy? Are more people deciding to work off-the-books just to survive? It would be encouraging, if lots of people started working off-the-books.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.