This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Annoying NBA Finals

I only watched small bits of the NBA Finals.

The Tuesday and Thursday games started after 9pm, ending after 11:30pm. There's no point watching the games. I go to bed before the game is over. Why watch a basketball game, knowing I won't be able to see the end?

I have the same complaint about MLB. The World Series games end at 11:30 or later.

It's very short-sighted thinking. By having games start after 9pm, they're maximizing primetime ad revenue, especially on the West coast. However, in the Eastern time zones, you can't watch the whole game. They're missing out on casual fans.

It is annoying, that the NBA Finals and World Series don't end until 11:30 or later. Knowing I can't see the end of the game, I don't bother watching. This is foolish thinking. They are maximizing short-term ad revenue, but alienating potential new fans.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.