This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Expert Advice Fnord

That is one common evil fnord in our society. "The advice of an expert is better than that of a non-expert." For objective skills, like fixing plumbing or cooking food or writing software, you should trust the expert, especially since you can evaluate the end result. For "soft" professions, like financial planner, accounting, lawyer, psychiatrist, politician, journalist, professor/teacher, or economist, the advice of experts is usually wrong.

If a career has profits backed directly or indirectly by State violence or pro-State brainwashing, then its practitioners are likely to be incompetent or inefficient. If a career requires actual useful skills, without State violence assisting, then its practitioners are likely to be competent.

Before 1913, with the creation of the Federal Reserve credit monopoly, banking was a career that required high skills. After the creation of the Federal Reserve credit monopoly, banking was primarly based on connections instead of ability. With the final abandonment of the gold standard in 1971, the stage was set for the explosion of the derivatives market. Complicated derivative transactions allow the banksters to exploit negative real interest rates for maximum profit. This created a market for quantitative analysts, but they are fake experts and not true experts.

People are brainwashed to not trust their own judgement when it comes to accounting, so that insiders can leech via hidden fees and kickbacks.

People are brainwashed to not trust their judgement when it comes to the legal system, so that lawyers can profit. Lawyers intentionally set up the legal system to be complicated, so that you need a lawyer to navigate it. A well-educated individual might be better off defending themselves, when frivolously the victim of State violence. For example, a lawyer cannot present a "jury nullification" defense in court, but someone representing themselves can.

People are brainwashed to trust mental health "experts" like psychiatrists and therapists. This way, if people start to question their pro-State brainwashing, their therapist can correct their thinking. If that fails, the victim can be drugged into submission. Most people wouldn't question their psychiatrist/murderer like I did.

People are brainwashed to believe "politicians can write better laws than the average person". Otherwise, people would not obey the politician's arbitrary orders.

People are brainwashed to trust the mainstream media. If there were a massive fraud, then surely the mainstream media would expose it. The mainstream media is a captured regulator, acting for the interests of insiders rather than the average person.

There was one draconian proposed laws that was fortunately shouted down before it got anywhere. There was talk of State licensing requirements for bloggers. That would clamp down on the freedom of expression enabled by the Internet. Fortunately, in the USA there is enough of a sense of "freedom of the press" for that proposal to be quickly quashed. People living in China, or even in Europe, are not as lucky.

People are brainwashed to believe State-licensed economists. A PhD is a State-issued thinking license. People are condition to believe the lies of pro-State troll economists, who really are advocating for insiders to loot and pillage. Most economists/Communists are believable liars, because they sincerely believe their own nonsense!

People are conditioned to respect State-licensed thinkers instead of their own judgement.

People are brainwashed to trust their accountant. The way the tax code works, even if your accountant makes a mistake, you still can be personally liable. People are trained to be afraid of arithmetic, lest they understand finance and be able to think for themselves.

The scam requires massive brainwashing to keep it going. People must be conditioned to not trust their own judgement. This way, people will always be seeking the advice of experts, and the experts can make a profit in the process. There's a big difference between "I need a plumber", who has specific technical knowledge and "I need a psychiatrist", who is actually a fraud. People assume that if psychiatrists were frauds, then the State would stop the abuse. The State acts for the interests of insiders and not the average person.

People with the "abused productive worker" personality type are continually controlled by the parasites around them. They have no confidence in their own judgement. The parasites encourage such an attitude in the productive workers, so they can better exploit them.

Blindly trusting experts, people are conditioned to ignore the obvious abuses around them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point.

The lack of accountability from the top down now extends all the way to the auto mechanic or the fixit guy. The sheeple have been bred out of taking care of their own life.

Before cracking state programming, I (like many others) was convinced that owning real estate is a good 'investment'. The roof started leaking, and I looked for an 'expert' to fix it -after all, this was a very expensive investment! It was hard to find a roofer (they were busy with more important/connected clients), but then I was lucky enough to find a 'builder's agent' who charged me several hundred dollars a month to find the right people for the job. Needless to say, he found a lot of people to fix many problems with the house. The house was leaning (steel I-beams would fix it), the plumbing needed work, windows replaced, etc.

The work began and months later the roof was still leaking, no matter what they tried. A new metal roof was the best solution. When I finally looked at what the 'experts' were doing, I was horrified. Everything was wrong - the roof did not cover the rooftop! A hole in the side of the wall resulted in frozen plumbing. Windows did not fit. The I-beams were sweating and dripping on my head!

I kicked the experts out (over a hundred of thousand dollars down the tubes). I suppose I could have sued but the contractor would simply declare bankruptcy and my luck in the courts has not been good (I've been screwed by 6 out of 7 lawyers I've hired over the last decade)

Finally, I bought a $3.00 bucket of tar and tarred the skylight crack that was leaking. Problem solved.

This is actually a true story. The story of the eventual sale of the house is even more horrible (real estate agents are even worse than lawyers...)

We have to take charge of our own lives. As the society breaks down, the Matrix takes over and we become the stuff that corporations trade instead of customers. A simple oil change resulted in a leak (the mechanic forgot to tighten the plug). I change my own oil now - a little messy but very simple.

I have a strong software background, but I've learned how to make and fix things. It is not hard. I now do my own plumbing, electrical and simple car repairs. I stay away from car shops, banks, and the legal system. I cut my insurance to the absolute minimum as insurance companies don't really pay up their claims in my experience.

I try to minimize my footprint in terms of visibility. I don't want my name and address traded, sold, and used as a basis for obtaining loans by crooked corporations.

I avoid all expert advice. They are always lying. Occasionally I have to use a dentist - thank god I found a good one after having half of my teeth ruined.

A wise man said "life will present you with a sequence of lessons. You will repeat your lesson until you learn it"

God help us all.

Anonymous said...

An expert auto mechanic, during a state mandated inspection, insisted that my car would not pass because of dangerously worn-out breaks. About a thousand dollars would replace the rotors, pads, and all worn-out parts. My family was around and my wife was noticeably scared.

I don't know that much about cars, but it sounded fishy. I told him that I would have to come back after getting the money. The bastard scraped the old inspection sticker so I could not legally drive out! I did anyway.

There was nothing wrong with the brakes. Another mechanic passed it, and I learned enough to check for myself.

What do we do? How do we keep the government-induced corruption out of our lives?

There is at least one state that does not have mandatory inspections. This state has simple residency requirements (one night in a motel is enough), low insurance rates, etc.

I am responsible enough to inspect my own car. Having people be curious about my out-of-state plates is a small price to pay for a little bit of freedom.

I know you don't like anonymous posters, but I will not log into a google-affiliated system.

Anonymous said...

I have often thought of and discussed this. Ironically with so called experts, the person has become so focused on one issue, they miss the bigger picture.

For instance, I hang around a lot of academics at the University of Michigan. Many will know their niche very well, i.e. chemistry. They will however have a stunning lack of historical knowledge about lets say, how government works. Therefore, they believe very much, that in order for advances to be made in Chemistry, the state must pay for their research, because that is how it currently works, and therefore must have always been.

Furthermore, it is extremely hard to break the "brainwashing" of a so called expert. They have invested so much time into fitting into the current paradigm, that by shaking it, you threaten to crumble their whole world.

There is an expression that says, "Experts are people who know more and more about less and less."

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.