This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Drug Company PR Reps Are Trolling My Blog

Ramesh has left a new comment on your post "Reader Mail #62":

After suffering all of my life with depression and then later in life (20-33) with severe anxiety, insomnia, and a general feeling of restlessness to the point I thought I was going to "crawl the walls", I was prescribed Seroquel. I quickly found out I had to take my dose at bedtime due to being so sleepy when I took it during the day. Seroquel has been the ONLY medicine that has worked for me to ease the symptoms of my Bipolar Disorder 1. A Big Thanks to Seroquel for making life easier for me!
Drug company PR reps look for blog posts with the keyword "Seroquel", and then post a favorable comment.

Google is useful! The exact same comment is on this page.iluzzion said:
User Rating: not submitted
After suffering all of my life with depression and then later in life (20-33) with severe anxiety, insomnia, and a general feeling of restlessness to the point I thought I was going to "crawl the walls", I was prescribed Seroquel. I quickly found out I had to take my dose at bedtime due to being so sleepy when I took it during the day. Seroquel has been the ONLY medicine that has worked for me to ease the symptoms of my Bipolar Disorder 1. A Big Thanks to Seroquel for making life easier for me!

102 user(s) found this comment helpful. Did you?

[October 30, 2007]
Here, the user name is "illuzion" and not "Ramesh".

It's nice to catch a drug company PR rep redhanded. Just because a website has pro-drug comments doesn't mean they're accurate!

A pro-drug comment isn't definite proof, but this incident is. Whenever I see someone claiming a psychiatric drug helped them, I'm incredibly suspicious.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the United Kingdom, a barrister (= lawyer) started to waive around a shotgun one day. Unsurprisingly the police shot him dead.

I remember something about a Daily Mail journalist stating that the barrister was taking anti-depressants and that the link between anti-depressants and going crazy HAS NOT BEEN INVESTIGATED BY THE PRESS.

I've done an Internet search and found the article below if anyone want to read more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313662/Mark-Saunders-inquest-Hellish-descent-barrister-shot-dead-police.html

FSK said...

I may have mentioned it before. There may be a correlation between antidepressants and murder-suicides or suicides.

The only time I really felt suicidal was when I was taking psychiatric drugs. I thought I had been permanently damaged. I didn't realize it was the drugs.

The State media sometimes says "He was a mental health who wasn't taking his medication." The withdrawal to those drugs is *NASTY* and takes months/years.

Anonymous said...

The following URL mentions links between murderers and anti-depressants.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2010/06/perhaps-derrick-birds-deadly-rampage-isnt-so-inexplicable-after-all.html

The links in the article are:

Patrick Purdy - Cleveland School massacre

Jeff Weise - Red Lake High School massacre

Ted Kaczynski - Unabomber - anti-depressants found in his cabin

Michael McDermott - Wakefield massacre

Kip Kinkel - Oregon murders

John Hinckley - Ronald Reagan assassination attempt


All were taking anti-depressants or such drugs were found linked to them.

As a sick side-issue, it is more honest for a lawyer to openly brandish a shotgun than to threaten court costs unless a wodge of cash is immediately handed over.

An extension of that is that a highway robber is more honest than the government, because he only steals from you once and doesn't call you his king and tell you what to do.

For example the UK government tells us mothers can no longer operate reciprocal baby sitting operations with other mothers. And we have to pay over 50% of our income for the privilege of being ruled over by Cameron and Clegg that are SO USELESS THEY CAN'T EVEN REVOKE THE SILLY LAWS OF THE PREVIOUS USELESS LABOUR GOVERNMENT.

There is no real democracy.

There is no way a group of ordinary people would threaten a young mother with kidnapping ( = prison) just because she was looking after the baby of a friend.

Laws are insane. They are no longer backed by morality.

The government is too stupid and weak to roll back insane laws.

Cameron and Clegg are a pair of jokers that would be better suited to presenting childrens' television that running a country.

Anonymous said...

I hate to go over this point again, but the insane UK law about reciprocal babysitting could only have been passed if one or more of the following are true:

1) Members of Parliament are TOO STUPID to read written English

2) They are TOO LAZY to read the laws they are passing

3) They are too corrupt to do their jobs

So which of the above is true?

Likewise there was a recent vote in Parliament about the wars the country is fighting. The vast majority supported the wars. So are the MPs wicked or stupid (apologizes to Gorgeous George Galloway that asked this same question on Question Time)?

FSK said...

The anti-babysitting law is corporate welfare for State-licensed daycare centers.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.