This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Real Money!

Yesterday, I got a 1943 35% silver nickel in change! It was from the soda vending machine at work.

It's worth $2.05 in current melt value. That's more than the last time I found one! There probably also is some numismatic value, but the coin is pretty worn and 1943 is pretty common.

I find a couple of pieces of junk silver per year in change. I can tell easily, based on the tarnish color of the silver. It's like winning a slot machine, when I get junk silver in change.

1 comment:

DC said...

will you report this extra income on this years tax return or on the year that you sell the silver nickel??
-DC

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.