This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Friday, June 19, 2009

Donating Stolen Property Makes you a Hero!

I don't normally waste my time on such things, but I was watching the Fox Comedy Show and this bit made me say "ROFLMAO!"

Allegedly, a woman stole some money from a school. She was supposed to be running a fundraising event for the school, but kept the money for herself instead.

The former CEO of Bear Stearns was watching the original comedy sketch, and he made a donation to the school equal to the amount the woman had stolen. The comedian pointed out that the former CEO was such a super-awesome guy for donating money to the school.

If you steal a couple thousand dollars, you're a criminal who goes to jail. If you steal billions of dollars, and then donate a couple thousand to a school, then you're a hero!

The obvious contradiction was really funny! I guess I should watch more comedy shows.

Insiders use the State to steal billions of dollars. They spend some of this money on charitable causes and other propaganda to boost their reputation. This helps provide the illusion of legitimacy to the theft.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.