This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Are you a Slave?

A lot of pro-State trolls say "Taxation is not theft. You are merely paying government employees for services rendered."

Taxation is not a voluntary exchange.

How do I tell the State, "You're fired! I'm purchasing police and justice and defense from someone else!"

This is illegal/impractical. Therefore, taxation is not voluntary and I'm really the personal property of the tax collector.

I don't own my labor, because I must pay tax on it.

I don't own my land, because I must pay property taxes.

Doesn't that make me a slave? If I don't own my labor and I don't own land, what else could I be but a slave?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Molyneux has a great metaphor - free range chicken farming

Anonymous said...

I don't know though, because if you are homeless, does that somehow make you more free? You cannot live life to it's fullest, so in my view you are a greater slave without a home even though technically no one owns you.
I am in my 20s, but I live at home with my parents. Because I don't have a home am I less of a slave? Or am I move of one because I not only do not have a home, but I have parents with rules that I have to live by. Technically I am not required to do so though, I could say 'screw you' and go out on my own.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.