This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Light Bulb Fnord

In many cartoons, when a character has a good idea, this is symbolized with an incandescent light bulb appearing over his head. This represents the effort and genius of inventing the light bulb.

The State has banned the manufacture of incandescent light bulbs. I was wondering "Aren't they going to have to go back and edit all those old cartoons?" They probably won't bother.

However, I did notice the fnords in action. I saw a recently created cartoon. The character has a brilliant idea, and now a picture of a compact fluorescent light bulb appears over his head. Behold the efficiency of the State propaganda engine! Even minor details as this one are kept accurate!

It's amusing to notice the State literally exercise the power of Big Brother in 1984, rewriting history!

Some PR agent somewhere noticed this detail, and sent out instructions to the handful of studios that make cartoons to update this fnord.

2 comments:

tjc said...

But its far better to poison the ground with mercury than "poison" the air with carbon dioxide. Get your priorities straight, man!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what kind of messages are in cartoons.
I saw an old Pop-eye and he was fighting indians (as in native americans, not India) and I think he smashed them all one-by-one into indian head coins.
It made me laugh because it seemed racist, and reminded me of how the government always has propaganda to destroy whatever it needs to in order to turn our labor into it's own personal wealth. I was suprised to even see that on TV. So I changed the channel and there was some other cartoon and there was some asian dude and they made his face yellow, and there was an indian who was red... lol are they serious?

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.