This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Phone Today!

I'm planning on getting a new phone today! I'm planning to get a Motorola Droid 3. My current LG envTouch was such a POS.

I'll give my analysis of the phone after I get it.

I did a preview of the apps I want to install. I looked at the Blogger apps, both the official Google Blogger app and others. My preliminary analysis is that they all are a lousy POS. I'll give more details after I get the phone and experiment. Deficient features include no comment moderation support, inability to edit drafts that weren't created your phone, and inability to schedule/queue posts.

The WordPress Android apps are *MILES* ahead of the Blogger apps. It makes me want to switch to WordPress just for that.

I'm so angry that Google has provided practically zero support for Blogger. There's been something like 2 useful new features in the 4 years I've been using it. If you have a Blogger account, there's a "Try the updated Blogger interface!" option. I tried and it was inferior to the old interface. The new Google Analytics interface is also inferior to the old interface.

I may experiment with the Blogger API and Android SDK and make my own Blogger app. It's been awhile since I made a for-fun software project. Also, my contract is ending and I'm getting fired, so I'll have more free time.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.