This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Annoying Android Gmail Feature - Password Change

I'm noticing lots of little annoying UI flaws in my Android phone.

I changed my gmail password from the web client. I do this occasionally, for security.

The phone didn't register that I changed my password. The phone gmail client stopped updating, but didn't display an error.

I found a workaround. Click on "load more messages". That forced the phone to connect, and notice that the password was no longer current. Only then, did it prompt me to re-enter my new password.

That was annoying. I like the Android phone overall. There's lots of little places where the UI shows a lack of polish.

3 comments:

dionysusal said...

It looks like they're coming for you, FSK.

The Federal Reserve Plans To Identify “Key Bloggers” And Monitor Billions Of Conversations About The Fed On Facebook, Twitter, Forums And Blogs
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/the-federal-reserve-plans-to-identify-key-bloggers-and-monitor-billions-of-conversations-about-the-fed-on-facebook-twitter-forums-and-blogs

FSK said...

"State spies inflitrate and subvert the Internet!" is a serious problem.

I noticed that on many forums, there are professional trolls manipulating discussion. I don't bother with most forums anymore.

That's one nice thing about a blog. I have 100% editorial control. The police could kidnap me or seize my blog. Unless they take either of those extreme measures, they aren't going to silence me.

On a forum, it's easy to drown intelligent comments out with noise. On my blog, it's much harder.

It's both disturbing and promising. It's disturbing, that State spies are eager to silence free speech on the Internet. It's promising, because it shows that they're worried.

(In fact, I sometimes wonder if some of my regular commenters are undercover cops. They are trying to befriend me, so they can later arrest me, if I make a more active move towards practical agorism and promoting freedom.)

FSK said...

As another example of State censorship, my blog doesn't seem to show up in Google blog search anymore. It shows up in regular search, but not blog search, even if you search for my exact post title.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.