This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Disabling Technology

I went to the Verizon store to upgrade my cell phone. I ordered a Droid 3. It's on backorder, so they'll mail it to me.

The sales clerk didn't know how to operate the sales computer. The software was a lousy POS. He seemed competent. The problem really was the crappy sales software.

I went to Verizon's webpage. I'm concerned that the clerk didn't enter the transaction properly in Verizon's computer. He probably messed it up.

Some "gains due to technology" are actually a loss. It would have been better, if the clerk could have processed the transaction on a piece of paper, and properly entered the transaction later. If the clerk really did mess up the transaction, it's a loss for Verizon, because now I have to call them to try and fix it. That wastes my time more than Verizon's time, making me wait on hold for an hour on support, but it's still an economic loss.

That was amusing. The sales clerk couldn't use the computer to enter a simple "upgrade phone" transaction. I don't blame the clerk. Most likely, the software was a lousy POS. Most corporate software completely ignores the needs of users.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.