This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 8, 2009

September AdBrite Summary

I made $6.37 from AdBrite in September, which is about 30% less than in August. My page eCPM dropped by 30%. The long-term average for AdBrite seems to be an eCPM rate of about $0.60.

I had 4749 Absolute Unique Visitors in September, which is 5% less than August. The trend so far in October is favorable. My single best month was October 2008 with 6887 Absolute Unique Visitors. It's been a long time since I set a new single month traffic record! The trend is favorable for the past few months.

The Federal Reserve Caused the Great Depression is the #1 Google search result for "Federal Reserve Great Depression" and related searches. That's a decent traffic source. Surprisingly, most of that search traffic has been bounces! Whenever I notice that I'm getting a #1 search result and mention it, my search engine placement drops! Let's see if that happens again this time.

I need to start my own business to get out of the wage slave career track. I probably have to expand to things besides blogging, in order to have a viable business. I need about 3x-4x more traffic before I can buy a Linode and self-host. I figure that I'll wait until I have the ad revenue to justify that.

Ironically, my blog has been more profitable than most of the startups I worked at! My effective hourly salary is only a couple cents per hour, but it's cashflow positive!

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.