This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Principal-Agent Problem and the Psychiatry/Death Industry

Recently, I saw my therapist while I was in a panic/manic state. Now, my therapist says I *MUST* take anti-psychotic drugs. If I refuse to comply, I will be barred from the mental health clinic. My reaction was "Fine! I don't like it here! Goodbye!"

As long as I am not involuntarily hospitalized, I cannot be forced to take the damaging drugs. There was no court order forcing me to take the harmful drugs. However, that could change if I am involuntarily hospitalized again. I need to make sure that I am not involuntarily hospitalized again.

Anti-psychotic and anti-depressant drugs merely mask the symptoms without treating the underlying problem. By preventing me from thinking clearly, that prevents a relapse. That also prevents me from doing all the things I normally like doing, such as blogging and playing computer games.

When I refuse to take anti-psychotic drugs, I am essentially saying "The standard practice here at the mental health clinic is invalid." They are programmed to act in a certain way. When I challenge them, they can't handle it. Almost all other patients don't have the ability to ignore the advice of their doctor.

I have done my own research, and concluded that the "chemical imbalance" theory of mental illness is nonsense. The fact that my psychiatrist and therapist are so insistent is merely further evidence that my analysis is correct. How can my psychiatrist choose to prescribe drugs based on only a 5 minute interview? How can my therapist know I should take the drugs for the rest of my life? I was fine until I got sick for the first time when I was 30 years old, and since then I have been stable for months at a time with only an occasional relapse.

I am going to refuse anti-psychotic drugs unless they are violently forced on me against my will.

My therapist and psychiatrist are licensed by the State. If they say "FSK, it's OK for you to not take drugs." and then something bad happens, they will lose their State license and their career. If they say "FSK, take the drugs!", I follow their advice, and develop tardive dyskenesia, then they are protected by sovereign immunity. They are generally immune from personal liability if they follow generally accepted psychiatry/murder practices. If the quality of my life is low because of the anti-psychotic drugs, then they don't lose anything. In fact, they would recognize my complaints about drug side effects as symptoms of my underlying illness.

The interests of my psychiatrist and my therapist are not aligned with my personal interests. I am willing to take the risk that I will have another panic attack, because otherwise I am giving up the rest of my life. When I took the anti-psychotic drugs, I was unable to blog or think or concentrate or do any of the things I normally do. My psychiatrist and therapist are unwilling to take that risk, because they would be personally liable if there's a problem. Further, I am questioning their brainwashing and training by refusing to take their harmful drugs.

I really don't like my current psychiatrist and therapist. I have clearly expressed my desire to treat my problem without drugs. Hopefully, my mental state will eventually stabilize without the drugs, as my body/brain naturally heals on its own from my pro-State brainwashing. My psychiatrist and therapist do not respect my desire, and therefore I do not respect them.

I decided to fire my therapist, and I'm going to look in my insurance provider list for a new therapist. I'll still look around for a new one. Really, I should just rely on my own judgement on not that of a therapist. However, my parents would freak out if I refused to see anyone, and all it takes is a 911 call from them for me to be involuntarily hospitalized.

I should have the right to treat my problem without drugs, although it seems that nobody in the mental health/death industry recognizes that right. Fortunately, as long as I am not involuntarily hospitalized and there is no court order, I cannot be forced to take harmful drugs against my will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's not much more I can add. Unless you've been disruptive or harmful under drugs or due to mentally instability, you have the right to be yourself and tell the docs to FUCK OFF.

Anonymous said...

To be fair, though, your parents are doing what they think is right, even if it is misguided. I have less sympathy for the psychiatrist who should know better. Is there any type of document you can sign to show your willingness to NOT go on these drugs under any condition.

Also, did you tell your therapist why you're unwilling to try the drugs again, or confront anyone about their actual effectiveness?

Anonymous said...

Of course his parents are doing what they think is right. So is everyone who would be involved in his kidnapping & forced drugging from the police who show up willing to stick some guns in his face to the psychiatrists who would drug him into submission against his explicit will.

Good intentions don't mitigate evil actions because the consequences are exactly the same either way.

As an aside, the psychiatrist went through many years of brainwashing telling them the current practice of psychiatry is correct. So therefore, lay people can be expected to better understand the problems with current psychiatry than psychiatrists.

Anonymous said...

Arm yourself FSK.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.