This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Agorist Toolkit - Free Maket Courier Services

I liked this article, referred by the Mental Militia forums. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is making a database of all mail, the sender and recipient. Currently, it only applies to commercial mail, but it probably will be expanded in the future. It's practically guaranteed that UPS and FedEx have similar databases, shared with the government.

Of course, just because you have a massive database, that doesn't mean someone is capable of using it intelligently.

I see a market for agorist courier services developing. If you really desire privacy, you should *NOT* use USPS, UPS, or FedEx. If the goods being delivered have high value *AND* privacy is important, then there's a market for agorist delivery services.

For example, if I was a free market gold or silver dealer, and someone in another city wanted to purchase 50 ounces of gold, I would *NOT* use USPS, UPS, or FedEx. I'd use a trusted courier, who would agree to respect my privacy and my customer's privacy. The cost of delivery, *PLUS* the risk of a raid, would be factored into the price. For example, carrying $50k in cash is interpreted by the police as de facto evidence that you committed a crime. The courier probably shouldn't carry more than $10k cash at a time, or goods that wouldn't be seized like cash.

For example, I could instruct the courier to sell the 50 ounces of gold and then immediately go into a couple of stores and buy 20 computers. (The courier would not be stupid and buy 20 computers in the same store with cash.) A van carrying $50k cash is suspicious. A van carrying 20 computers is not suspicious. Alternatively, I could instruct my customer to pay me in computers/goods instead of cash.

Possession of more than $10k is considered de facto evidence that you are a criminal. You may not personally be the victim of State criminal charges, but your property would be seized. Similarly, possession of 50 ounces of gold would be viewed just as unfavorably as $50k cash. However, you could conveniently hold 50 ounces of gold in your pocket without anybody noticing. You would only be a victim if someone specifically searched your pocket.

An agorist courier service carring high-value goods would be careful to obey all traffic laws, lest you be frivolously stopped and searched.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.