This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Jerry Lewis and the Strawman Fallacy

I find that current-events related articles tend to be the most popular.

There was an interesting incident this weekend. Allegedly, Jerry Lewis made a negative comment towards homosexuals. People are making a big stink.

This is an example of The Strawman Fallacy. People don't say "He had a great career for many years and made one mistake." One small incident is overhyped.

Personally, I think it's appropriate for an apology and then forget about it and move on. There's no reason to make such a big deal.

The purpose of incidents like this are subconscious reinforcement of the Strawman Fallacy. A celebrity must be remembered for the stupidest thing they ever did, rather than their achievements over their whole career.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.