This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

FSK Asks - Should I Try Podcasting or Vlogging?

Should I start uploading webcasts or videos to YouTube? I would need to buy a camera.

I'm considering making audio podcasts. Would there be a demand for that?

I don't think that would be worth my time right now.

Would I reach a wider audience if I uploaded voice/video content instead of written content?

What do you think? Do you prefer text, voice, or videos?

IMHO, text is good enough. I prefer text, because I'm a fast reader and I can rapidly figure out if a post is worth fully reading or not. However, there may be a benefit to having someone explain it instead of reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A blog is plenty

redpillguy said...

No.

David_Z said...

I'd stick to text. I know that videos and audios have become increasingly popular, but they're not my preferred medium, for many of the same reasons you list above. I have downloaded some of the lectures from mises.org in the past, but those are lectures, not blogs. I'm uninclined to listen to someone's verbal blogging.

just my two cents.

Anonymous said...

I think a short video blog loaded on YouTube would reach a bigger audience...though you may have to 'dumb it down' to reach 'the people'

Zhwazi said...

Some things are better said in voice, some are better said in text. If you have something that you can say better in voice, vlog or podcast, go right ahead. But if you vlog, don't do what lots of people do and stare at the screen reading off it, failing to even address the camera except to have it pointing at you while you do this. It's a pet peeve of mine.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.