This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 3, 2008

FSK Asks - Digg the Market Anarchist Blog Carnival

Someone submitted the December 2007 Market Anarchist Blog Carnival to Digg. I also noticed that someone submitted my article on "Real GDP is Barely Increasing Since 1990".

So far, those two articles have each attracted only 4 Diggs. Ironically, it was a different 4 people for each article. I'm curious how many Diggs I can get if I explicitly ask for them. Such tactics are commonly used by Ron Paul supporters.

I don't normally bother with Digg. It isn't worth my time to submit and promote my posts on Digg. The problem with Digg is that each article has a single global score. If my article is very interesting to a narrow segment of the population, that won't lead to a high Digg rating.

If your personal interests don't match the aggregate bias of Digg users, then you won't like the content presented on Digg. Ideally, there should be a Digg-like engine where you see articles by people whose interests match yours.

I consider "Google Reader Shared Items" to be superior to Digg, because the articles are selected by people with interests similar to mine. I currently subscribe to two RSS "Feed Aggregators". I subscribe to "Kevin Carson's Shared Items" and the "Libertarian Left" Feed. IMHO, everyone who has a blog and uses Google Reader should have a "Google Reader Shared Items" widget on their blog.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.