This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Is the Economy Getting Better?

It's hard to be sure. I expect the trend of "money supply grows faster than real GDP" to continue.

However, I noticed that I'm getting a lot of unsolicited calls from headhunters. I'm not wasting time on that right now. My current job is good enough.

It's just one data point. The job market for software engineers seems to be increasing, at least as measured by "number of unsolicited calls from headhunters".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back in 2002, you may recall there was somewhat of a recession as regards to software developer jobs. At least there was in London. At the time only 1 or 2 companies were hiring in London as far as I could tell.

However at that time, I got huge numbers of telephone calls from recruiters. They always wanted to know what I was currently doing, who my previous managers were, how my previous managers could be contacted and what jobs I was applying for. The latter was just so they would know what jobs not to put me forward to (what a lie!).

What these scumbags were obviously doing was sounding me out for potential jobs on offer, so they could send their candidates for jobs I found myself!

This is a common recruiter trick and others have mentioned it.

Companies and recruiters just like to know what jobs are around and also to expand their databases of potential candidates.

Recruitment is full of lies.

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.