This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.



Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why Should I Care if a Statist Dies?

One of my coworkers said in an excited tone of voice "Did you hear that Ted Kennedy died?" My reply was "So what?" His response was "I guess you're right. It doesn't really matter."

The State propaganda engine makes people excited about irrelevant events. It's amusing and sad to watch my mother get all excited at the news coverage of Ted Kennedy's funeral.

Do I get a tax hike because Ted Kennedy died? Do I get a tax cut? I never met him. It makes no difference to me that he died.

Compare the tone of Michael Jackson's funeral coverage with the tone of Ted Kennedy's funeral coverage. Michael Jackson's funeral was like a rock concert. The announcers at Ted Kennedy's funeral news coverage were super-polite and respectful, like analysts at a golf tournament.

I watched some news coverage and noticed something really weird. They were playing sounds of insects chirping in the background! They were almost certainly doing it on purpose. A mainstream media sound crew wouldn't be careless like that. What does that accomplish?

I was watching the news coverage, and I was wondering "How does the coverage of Ted Kennedy's funeral glorify the State?" I didn't get it. I know there was an important evil fnord, but I couldn't see it. I'm not usually fooled by evil anymore, but I was disappointed that I couldn't see the evil fnord.

My best guess is that politicians are the public face of the State. The pro-State propaganda is "Government is benevolent. It's controlled by super-awesome people like Ted Kennedy and President Obama."

People are expected to mourn the death of a prominent Statist just like they would mourn the death of a parent or friend.

The evil fnord of a State funeral is "Politicians aren't parasites. They're heroic leaders!" I knew that evil fnord was there, but I didn't really see it.

A pro-State troll writes about all the wonderful laws that Congress passed while Ted Kennedy was a Senator. All those laws were backed by violence. Was Ted Kennedy a heroic leader, or a terrorist who helped provide the illusion of legitimacy to the State?

Mourning the death of a politician makes as much sense as mourning the death of Osama bin Laden.

No comments:

This Blog Has Moved!

My blog has moved. Check out my new blog at realfreemarket.org.